Friday, February 8, 2013

Pinterest Inspired Modge Podge Projects

My Pinspiration today was something I saw on Pinterst a while back.  I love being able to revisit my pins.  A  snowy day like today was great for crafting since we were stuck in the house. (Yes, I live in CT and we are supposed to be getting 1 to 2 feet of snow.  I know-CRAZY!)  

Below is the clipboard and binder that I  spruced up and gave new life to with printed paper.  

The first  one I did was the clipboard.  I used a scrap piece of paper to trace the clipboard.  The newly created template was used to trim the 12x12 printed paper down to size.  Once it was the correct size, I cut it in half so that I can use the other printed side for the top to the board.  I held open the clip on the board with one of my husband's clamps so it would not stick when I added the modge podge.  I cut around the clip with my exacto knife - (see the cut below).  The second picture below right (not in order) shows the two pieces of paper with an open spot in the middle.  I covered that space of the board with strips of coordinating paper and then added the embellishments.  


Viola!!
 

  I came across the binder (pictured below) a couple of weeks ago.  I realized that it would be great to repurpose the binder the same way as the clipboard I saw on Pinterest  The binder was slightly easier to complete.  I put the modge podge all over the cover and spine.  Then placed the trimmed 12x12 sheet of paper on the modge podge.  I folded the excess paper over onto the spine and and painted more modge podge on top.

To cover the spine completely, I added the extra strip I trimmed off the original sheet and a piece from the another piece of paper (  The other paper was also used to cut out The Memory Nest [on the Cricut].  Once the first part was dry, I added more modge podge to the top of the binder to adhere the letters.  I painted modge podge over the letters and another coat on the paper and spine.  The paper used on the binder is from the So Happy Together collection by Echo Park: Happy Tune and Happy Strips.



Tada!!
And there you have it.  My repurposed binder and clipboard - Pinterest Inspired!

Happy modge podging,
Leslie



a Rafflecopter giveaway

14 comments:

Erica Bodker said...

Love it!

Leslie Germain said...

Thank you Erica!

Becky said...

I had never thought of doing a binder! What a great idea!!!

Leslie Germain said...

Thank you for the comment Becky. Glad you like the idea. You made me feel so creative!!

Meredith @ The Laundry Can Wait said...

That clipboard is such a great idea. You picked a cute design, too. It all looks lovely.

XO,
Meredith

Leslie Germain said...

Hi Meredith. thank you for your kind comment. So glad you stopped by.

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

You have a lovely blog. I am visiting you via the Meet and Greet Blog Hop.I hope you will visit me at My Dream Canvas:) Thanks Anu

mydreamcanvas.blogspot.com

Leslie Germain said...

Hello. Thanks for visiting. I will def hop over to your blog. thank you for the kind compliment. Happy Hopping.

Michelle Liimatainen said...

What a great idea. I have done a million clipboards but never thought of doing a binder too. Love them.

Leslie Germain said...

Thank you Michelle. Now you will have to try a binder! : )

Enzie Shahmiri said...

I still have to give this project a try. It looks like such fun!

Leslie Germain said...

It was - def give it a try. I visited your blog and left a message for you.

lenny said...

Cool Pinterest inspired projects!
Pinterest is so cool!! You get so much ideas over there!!
Love your clip board and binder!!
I have some trouble using Mod Podge; I did a lot of decoupage
stuff, but with another product; and it worked GREAT!
Now, with Mod Podge, I have some bubbles...afraid to use it again,
I must say!

Leslie Germain said...

Hi Lenny. Thank you so much for checking out my projects. I love Pinterest.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...