Saying Goodbye!

Saying goodbye to an animal is very hard.  My kids had to say goodbye to Ashley (Grammie, Pop and their Uncle's dog).  Ashley has been a part of the family for 15 years now, ever since my brother rescued her from the animal shelter.  He was about 12 years old at the time, and told my mom he wasn't sure he wanted to keep her because  he would be really sad when she died someday. 

That someday is now upon us, and as hard as it is we have to remember all the wonderful times we had with Ashley and the happy life we gave her.  She was my first "little head" who would come cuddle in bed with me on Friday nights when I was still living at home.

My kids, especially my son, took it very hard.  But I am glad that I gave them the chance to say goodbye.  I know that next time we visit Grammie's something will seem like it is missing.  Ashley will now live on in our hearts and in our memories. 

Comments

Popular Posts